Epic: PR Writing for a Heavyweight in Healthcare Tech
During my time at Epic, I joined their small team of writers who handled PR and promotional content for the company. My responsibilities included:
- Writing, researching, and editing articles for their public website, Epic.com. All of these articles were read and approved by CEO Judy Faulkner.
- Creating high-profile documents describing customer successes for the HIMSS industry conference.
- Writing scripts and creating visual content for customer-facing promotional videos.
- Researching optimal delivery methods for video content.
- Editing job postings for human resources.
Some of my favorite posts include:
- Confronting the Opioid Epidemic, which was named one of the Top 10 Stories of 2017.
- Med Students Beef Up Healthcare for Farmworkers
- Mental Health Takes Center Stage Down Under
In addition to my PR work, I supported, trained, and created documentation for Epic’s project management system. I supported over 70 customers around the world by helping them strategize their upgrades, demoing best practices, reporting on project progress, and handling escalations regarding Epic documentation.