This Week’s News:
○ After 6 months of dating, Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger got engaged! Even Pratt’s ex, Anna Faris, showed her support with a sweet IG comment.
○ Photos of Bachelor couple Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham’s wedding were released this week. The Hawaiian, Twilight-inspired wedding was officiated by (of course) host Chris Harrison. Putting money on them get pulled out at some point during Colton’s season as an example of how “the process” really works…
○ Pete Davidson addressed his December suicide scare on this week’s episode of SNL. Here’s to hoping he is getting the support he needs.
○ Saturday was the third annual Women’s March, but attendance was reported to be smaller this year. Many cited Womens March co-president Tamika Mallory’s support of Louis Farrakhan after making anti-Semitic sentiments.
○ In fashion news, Rihanna has made a deal with luxury conglomerate LVMH making her the first female designer of color to work with them. The details of the deal are currently unknown, but I will give all my money to anything RiRi touches and it sounds like I’m not the only one.
○ It’s official. Kylie Jenner’s record for the most-liked Instagram photo has been broken by an egg. The infamous egg photo now has almost 50 million likes.
○ Hello Giggles broke the news that Kate Middleton has a hot brother with a beard, ugg boots, and a bunch of really cute dogs. Just call me Mrs. Middleton.
○ Ariana Grande dropped another single and video this week, 7 Rings. Many are comparing it to Soulja Boy’s Pretty Boy Swag and Princess Nokia’s Mine – thoughts on the copy cat controversy?
○ The fashion Internet (and all Timothee Chalamet fans) can’t get enough of the Golden Globe nominee and Frank Ocean sitting front row together at the LV Fall show. I ship it.
What I’m Consuming:
○ I’m about half way through Darcey Bell’s A Simple Favor and it’s sooo good. I’ve been busy this weekend, but I’m excited to finish this one up in the next couple of days.
○ My go-to true crime podcast, My Favorite Murder, had Conan O’Brien on as a guest this week and it was pretty wonderful and charming. Apparently he’s a big murderino and went to murder trials between seasons writing for SNL.
○ I’ve also been reading a book about professional writing and the publishing industry called Scratch: Writers, Money, and the Art of Making a Living. It’s a collection of candid essays and interviews with various writers – a great before bed book.
[Top photo from @kyliejenner]