Old J. Crew Denim Jacket (similar here) – Vintage Dress from Om Diva in Dublin – Adidas Superstars (on sale here) – Olivia Burton Watch from Bow & Pearl in Dublin – Old Dooney & Bourke wristlet (love this and this wristlet from D&B).
Spring is here, guys! FINALLY. It was 85 degrees yesterday and I’m unnaturally psyched. After living in Dublin last summer, I’ve missed those sunny days and hot sticky nights. I know, I’ll be kicking myself for saying that soon enough. I literally forgot bugs existed until like last week… I’ve obviously selectively remembered a lot about Midwestern summers lol. The temperature is starting to go up, but in Wisconsin we’re still having those really nice cool days, too. This outfit is perfect for that sort of in-between weather and I love that it’s a mix of new and vintage and a hilariously old Dooney & Bourke wristlet that I wore on my first date in 7th grade…
Since I totally have summer on the mind, I thought I’d share some things I’m really looking forward to in the coming months. Moving to Madison in November was pretty rough – the city is in hibernation – but everyone tells me how much the city comes alive in the summer. So, here are 10 things on my summer bucket list…
- Run the Madison Bubble Run with my mom in June. It’s sort of giving me unfortunate college foam party flashbacks, but I think it’ll be hilarious. Knowing my mother, we’ll make a day of it with mimosas and endless chats, too.
- Order a pitcher of beer for a long night with friends at the Memorial Union at UW.
- Paddle board yoga. I’ve been going to Dragonfly since I moved here and I love their classes. They always do cool events, but this one in particular caught my interest. I paddle boarded for the first time in Barcelona last summer and truly cannot imagine doing yoga on one so I’m super curious.
- Go on a long, sweaty run and come home to a cold Miller Lite that’s been sitting in my fridge since my friend, Mario, left them there in December.
- See Tig Notaro at the Barrymore. I watched her documentary, Tig, last year and I think her ability to turn so many awful, human things into comedy is genius. Just hoping her mother-in-law shows up to tell the joke…
- Go for a hike. Anyone who knows me is probably making this face right now 😱 But I can be outdoorsy for like an afternoon! Give me some credit! Taking recommendations, but I’d like to check out the Cave of the Mounds area.
- Have a glass of champagne on the roof of Fresco.
- Buy antique furniture and house plants (that I will inevitably kill) on Willy Street.
- Spend Saturday morning at the Madison Farmer’s Market. I already do this, but I’m determined to try every local cheese and stock up on enough all-natural bloody mary mix to last through the winter.
- Rent a boat on Lake Mendota. Would love to spend a long day out on the water and properly learn how to drive a boat while I’m at it. Found this place online, but send any suggestions my way!
Photography by my bro, Ian Brady.