Weekend Vibes // The Week of January 26
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve done a Weekend post, but a lot happened this week and I’d like to get back into these! It’s always so fun to look back and see what was on my mind. I’m excited to have a pretty free weekend ahead – I’m going out to dinner for restaurant week tomorrow night (think oysters!), but other than that no particular plans. I’d like to get some blog work done, a bit of reading under my belt, and maybe even an outdoor run on Saturday since it’s supposed to be 45 again! Yaaaasssss!
Here’s a few bits and bobs from this week that caught me eye. Enjoy your weekend, guys!
- So sad to hear that Ursula K Le Guin, renowned fantasy and science fiction author and all around bad ass lady, passed away this week. From her commencement speech at Bryn Mawr (my alma mater) in 1986: “We are volcanoes. When we women offer our experience as truth, as human truth, all the maps change.”
- Congratulations to Tammy Duckworth, one of my local Illinois representatives turned Senator of Illinois, on her recent pregnancy announcement! But how on earth is it 2018 and she is the FIRST senator to ever give birth while in office???
- I’m always a sucker for some good protest signs and last weekend’s Women’s March did not disappoint ( I especially love numbers 1, 17, and 29). I also had a pretty good laugh at this Onion headline…
- I’ve been putting Slow TV on at work this week and it’s oddly soothing. The train ones especially are great – it’s white noise punctuated with laughter and the voice of a kindly train conductor. Plus, it’s a great conversation starter if someone walks into your office unexpectedly lol.
- If you’re in the market for a bag for work or travel I really recommend Lo & Sons. I’ve had their O.G. bag for years – it fits so much and it’s held up so well (even though I’m not kind to my bags). They’re having a pretty serious sale right now, if you’re interested. I love this slimmer tote for work and am very into this oxblood colored pouch.
- On a related note, my friend, Anna, has gotten me into Dagne Dover. She has their amazing scuba fabric duffel, but I’m sort of obsessed with their Ava Bucket bag and I don’t even LIKE bucket bags. Once again, that oxblood color! I can’t wait for their spring collection to come out!
- My brother sent me this the other day… rude. But accurate lol.
- Music pick of the week: The Good Side by Troye Sivan. It’s a little bit Sufjan Stevens, a little Years & Years, but still very Troye. I loved his Blue Neighbourhood album that came out a few years ago and I’m so glad he’s back doing some more acoustic stuff.
And in case you missed some of my recent posts: read all about my Marie Kondo cleaning expedition, help me decide what I should buy with the Free People gift card I found in said Marie Kondo cleaning expedition, and check in with my January resolutions. That’s all from me – have a great weekend, folks!